Kamloops Arts Council
Annual Art Exposed Exhibition – March 4th to 12th, 2022
DETAILS, DATES & TIMES – 2022 TIMES
SUBMISSIONS – CLOSED
– Members $25 first piece, $15 for second piece (youth first piece $10, and second piece $15)
– Non-members $35 first piece, $25 for second piece (youth first piece $15, and second piece $20)
– SIZE RESTRICTIONS – Width 4 feet or under including frame
Any artwork between 4 and 6 feet wide will be considered in an ‘over size’ category and will require an additional fee of $10 – No artwork over 6 feet wide is permitted. Sculptural pieces must not have a footprint over 4 feet by 4 feet or weigh over 50 pounds.
– Artists are invited to enter up to two ORIGINAL artworks, appropriately mounted or framed for exhibition, in either Established, Emerging, or Youth Artists category. Art may be in any medium, for example: painting, drawing, hand print-making, digital print-making, photography, fibre arts, ceramics, sculpture and mixed media.
SALES – All sales will be processed through KAC. A commission of 20% will be charged to KAC members, and 40% will be charged to non-members. Works not for sale must be marked NFS on the submission form. All work will remain on display until the end of the show. Visa and MC will be made available for buyers. All artwork for sale will be listed in our online shop on the KAC website. Cheques will be paid to the artists within 30 days following the closing of the show.
ARTWORK CRITERIA – Is it original? Artwork that is a direct copy of another artist’s work is not permitted. 2D artwork must be framed in a professional manner, unless it is not appropriate to do so. Pieces on canvas must be finished (stapled and wrapped around the back and be painted or finished on all sides). Framing is optional. A wire hanging system is still required. Any stained-glass pieces must be hung by the artist. Artwork must have been completed in the past 18 months. Artwork that has been previously exhibited at the Old Courthouse Cultural Centre will NOT be accepted. Any artwork that requires difficult or delicate installation instructions must be installed by the artist. If pieces require specific hardware, installation instructions, or a special display unit, they must accompany the piece. Sculpture should be mounted on a suitable base, if required. Jewellery: Beads or pendant pieces must be presented artistically. We have a limited number of plexi display cases which will be reserved for fragile or valuable items.
VOLUNTEERING – Many hands make light work; this exhibition would not be possible without you! Please help if you can. Keep in mind we are required to follow all of the current standards set by our health authority for the utmost in safety protocols. Here is a link to all of our safety procedures: https://kamloopsarts.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Kamloops-Arts-Council-Safety-Plan-Update-July-7.pdf (Masks are manadatory throughout the building)
IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR ART DROP OFF:
1. Artwork drop-off by appointment 15 min per person. Please be on time.
2. All artwork must meet KAC hanging standards – wire securely attached to the back of the artwork.
3. All artwork must have an artist ID tag in a zip-lock attached with a pin to the wire at the back.
4. ID tag must be fully filled out – volunteer/staff will add the assigned number to each piece submitted (find this on the intake spreadsheet).
5. Artist must initial the intake spreadsheet, checking spelling and information is accurate (no changes allowed – only corrections/spelling errors or obvious mistakes) CORRECTIONS – NOTE corrections on the spreadsheet then make a note on a post it – attach the post-it to the artwork place artwork in a separate location from the rest of the intake artwork –
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY AND BE SPECIFIC
6. Find your Title Card, Artist Biography and Artist Statement – place in ziplock baggie with corresponding artwork – volunteer will place artwork in one of the galleries.
OFFICE ADMIN./COMPUTER OR TELEPHONE – We will need helpers to make up the title cards, Artist Biographies, and statements. Make calls to volunteers, upload images onto our website… and the like. Most tasks are simple in nature, just time consuming.
INSTALLATION – February 28th to March 3rd
Hanging artwork in any of our galleries and the upstairs courtroom. These are two-hour shifts working in groups of two.
OPENING RECEPTION – Times TBA (depends on current covid restirictions)
This will be open only to artists who have received awards as well as one or two friends or family members to come with them to accept their award. We miss not being able to have our usual event with much entertainment, food and wine however we at the arts council are caring for our community by following all regulations set forth by our health authority. With patience and understanding we will hopefully return to our usual festivals and events in the near future. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
HOST/HOSTESS (Gallery Sit) – Welcoming and counting visitors during the duration of the show, to be decided depending on health and safety requirements at the time. Please sign up here for gallery sitting.
STRIKE/ARTWORK PICK UP – TBA. All unclaimed artwork will become the property of the
Kamloops Arts Council. Sign up HERE to book a time to pick up your artwork.
Sign up HERE to volunteer.
Remember to check the tabs at the bottom of the sign-up sheet for all options.
Click HERE to see The difference between an artist statement and bio.
Note: If you do not see any emails from the KAC in your inbox, please check your junk folder.
This form is currently closed for submissions.