Art in Public Spaces
We are happy to annouce Art in Public Spaces (AIPS) – Kamloops Airport for Fall 2023. 2D art pieces with various mediums will be showcased throughout the airport from September 2023 to August 2024.
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTION AND CRITERIA CAREFULLY.
We would like to invite KAC member artists to submit one application with up to 3 pieces. This is an open call for any theme. Considering the venue is Kamloops Airport, subjects that represent Kamloops and surrounding area will be welcomed, but not limited to it. Please note that Art in Public Spaces (AIPS) program is for KAC member artists only. If you are not a current KAC member, you are required to obtain a membership to participate in this program. Click here for membership >> Become a Member – Kamloops Arts Council
*All submitted pieces will be subject to jurying process and your submission does not guarantee acceptance to the exhibit.
- Artists must be current KAC members.
- All submitted works must be 2 – Dimensional in nature.
- All pieces must have hanging wire with d-rings attached to the back. (Redy to hang)
- Due to space limitations, submitted works should be no more than 38 inches wide including the frame. We regret that 3-dimensional art is not able to be accepted for this installation due to space considerations.
- Works that are for sale will be available for purchase through our KAC office or KAC online Shop. (kamloopsarts.ca). Any sales will be split with 70% proceeds going to the artist and 30% commission to KAC.
- Artists are required to bring submitted art works to the Old Courthouse for the jurying process during intake dates. Pieces that are not selected need to be picked up.
- Selected artists will be required to volunteer for installation, strike (take down), or art intake, and will be notified upon selection.
- Submission deadline: August 17th, 2023 at midnight
- Intake: Friday, Aug.18th – Saturday, Aug.19th, 10 am – 4 pm, at the Old Courthouse (7 seymour street West, Kamloops)
- Selected artists will be notified by Aug. 23rd.
- Installation: Thursday, Aug. 24th
- Exhibit: September 2023 – August, 2024
For inquiries, please contact Christa at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any artwork that you would like to be considered –
Please fill out form below.