Art In Public Spaces – KAC Galleries
We are happy to annouce another AIPS – KAC Galleries – Kamloops Pride! Kamloops Pride week is August 21 – 27, 2023. To celebrate the Pride Week, Kamloops Arts Council is looking for Art pieces to be showcased in the Hallway, Alcove and Vault Gallery spaces at the Old Courthouse (7 Seymour Street West, Kamloops) for the month of August.
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTION AND CRITERIA CAREFULLY.
2D & 3D art pieces with various mediums will be accepted with the following themes.
- Pride Week
- Celebration of diversity
Artists can submit one application / person with 1 ~ 2 pieces with the following information. *All submitted pieces will be subject to jurying process and your submission does not guarantee acceptance to the exhibit.
- Price (if it’s for sale). if it’s not for sale, mark as NFS.
- Artist bio and statement about the piece.
- Images of art pieces
Submission Due: Midnight of Saturday, July 15th, 2023
- This call is open to everyone. (KAC members and non-members)
- 2D & 3D art pieces with various mediums are accepted.
- Selected pieces must have a proper hanging system; 2D – plastic wrapped hanging wire with d-rings attached at the back. 3D – should not require special skill to install by KAC staff. Or, artists must be able to install at the venue. Pieces without proper hanging system will not be accepted at the intake.
- Due to space limitations, submitted works should be no more than 40 inches wide, of a variety of heights, including the frame.
- Works that are for sale will be available for purchase through our KAC office or online shop of the KAC website. (kamloopsarts.ca). Any sales will be split with 70% proceeds going to the artist and 30% commission to KAC.
- We appreciate if the artists of selected pieces can volunteer for installation, strike (take down), or art intake.
- Submission Deadline: Midnight of Saturday, July 15, 2023
- Intake & Installation: TBA
- Exhibit: August 3rd – 29th, 2023
- Take down: August 30th, 2023
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.