Art In Public Spaces – Kamloops Library
Submissions are now open for AIPS – Kamloops Library ! 2D art pieces with various mediums will be showcased in the Kamloops Library downtown and Northshore locations between February and May 2024.
Please note that all submitted pieces will be subject to jurying process and your submission does not guarantee acceptance to the exhibit.
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTION AND CRITERIA CAREFULLY.
The Kamloops Arts Council is looking to start a new rotation with various sizes of Medium / Large pieces. Due to this being a public building, we are asking for artwork to be appropriate for all ages and demographics. Please note, all submissions are subject to jurying process.
We will be accepting the following themes:
- Bright colours
- Calming subject matters
- Family portraiture.
Artists can submit up to 3 pieces with the following information.
- Price (if its for sale) if not than please label NFS.
- Artist Bio and Statement about the pieces.
- Images of art pieces
Submission due: Thursday, February 1st, 2024 at midnight.
Intake/Install: February 13 – 14
Artists will be notified via email by February 6th if their pieces are selected.
- Artists must be current KAC members.
- All submitted works should be 2-dimensional in nature. Artists can submit one application/person with up to 3 pieces.
- Selected pieces must have a proper hanging system; plastic wrapped hanging wire with d-rings attached at the back.
- Works that are for sale will be available for purchase through our KAC office or online shop of the KAC website. (kamloopsarts.ca). Any sales will be split with 70% proceeds going to the artist and 30% commission to KAC.
If you are not a KAC member, you can obtain one here >> Become a Member – Kamloops Arts Council
If you have any questions, please contact 250-372-7323
This form is currently closed for submissions.