Art In Public Spaces – Royal Inland Hospital
We are happy to announce that the Kamloops Arts Council is opening submissions for AIPS – Kamloops Royal Inland Hospital! 2D pieces with various mediums will be showcased at the hospital between April 2024 – April 2025.
Please note that all submitted pieces will be subjected to a jurying process and your submission does not guarantee acceptance to the exhibit.
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS AND CRITERIA CAREFULLY
The Kamloops Arts Council is looking to start a new rotation with various sizes of Medium/Large pieces. Due to this being a public building, we are asking for artwork to be appropriate for all ages and demographics. Please note, all submissions are subject to jurying process.
We will be accepting the following themes:
- Bright colours
- Calming subject matters
- Family Portraiture
Artist can submit up to 2 pieces with the following information.
- Price (if it’s for sale), if not please label NFS
- Artist Bio and statement about the pieces
- Images of the art pieces
< IMPORTANT DATES & NOTES>
Submission Due: March 15, 2024 @ 11:59 pm
Intake: April 9-11, 2024
Installation: April 16, 2024
*Artists are asked to drop off their pieces at the Kamloops Arts Council at the Old Courthouse for Jury and selection for April 9, 10, and 11, 2024.
*Artists will be contacted via email by April 17 to come and collect their pieces if they were not selected for the show.
*Artists who submit large pieces will be required to drop off and install at the hospital in case their pieces are selected.
- Artists must be current KAC members. If you are not a member, you can become one through our website here > Become a Member – Kamloops Arts Council
- All submitted works should be 2D in nature. Artists can submit one application/person with up to 2 pieces.
- All submitted works must have a proper hanging system; plastic wrapped hanging wire with d-rings attached at the back.
- Works that are for sale will be available for purchase through our KAC office or online shop of the KAC website (kamloopsarts.ca) Any sales will be split with 70% going to the artist and 30% commission for the KAC.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.