Art In Public Spaces at the Sagebrush Theatre
We are happy to annouce another AIPS – Sagebrush Theatre for Spring Season 2023! 2D art pieces with various mediums will be showcased at the lobby of the Sagebrush Theatre between April 1st and June 28th.
Please note that all submitted pieces will be subject to jurying process and your submission does not guarantee acceptance to the exhibit.
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTION AND CRITERIA CAREFULLY.
Western Canada Theatre and the Kamloops Arts Council strive to be inclusive, welcoming organizations and we welcome submissions from all visual artists – and particularly from artists of a variety of intersecting identities, inclusive of those of diverse race, gender identity, cultural or religious background, language, geography, ability, or socio-economic status. We also invite all artists to reach out to us about any access needs preventing submission, including any membership fees. Please note that all submitting visual artists are required to become a member of the Kamloops Arts Council.
We encourage all artists to submit works that either connect thematically to one or more of their seasonal productions 2023. Find details about their production at Western Canada Theatre | All Shows and Events 2022/23 Season – Western Canada Theatre (wctlive.ca) or that speak to one or more of the following themes:
- People gathering together
- A return to, or love of the performing arts
- A night out
- What ‘heart’ or ‘courage’ means to you
- Thinking / Loving local
- Artists must be current KAC members.
- All submitted works should be 2-dimensional in nature. Artists can submit one application/person with up to 3 pieces.
- All submitted works are created in connection with 2022/2023 production or meet the suggested themes.
- Selected pieces must have a proper hanging system; plastic wrapped hanging wire with d-rings attached at the back. Pieces without hanging system will not be accepted at the intake.
- Due to space limitations, submitted works should be no more than 36 inches wide, of a variety of heights, including the frame. We regret that 3-dimensional art is not able to be accepted for this installation due to space considerations.
- Works that are for sale will be available for purchase through our KAC office or online shop of the KAC website. (kamloopsarts.ca). Any sales will be split with 70% proceeds going to the artist and 30% commission to KAC.
- Artists will be required to volunteer for installation, strike (take down), or art intake, and will be notified upon selection.
If you are not a KAC member, you can obtain one here >> Become a Member – Kamloops Arts Council
Artists can submit one application/person with up to 3 pieces. All submitted pieces will be subject to jurying process and your submission does not guarantee acceptance to the exhibit.
- Intake & Installation: (Tentative) March 30 or 31 at Sagebrush Theatre Lobby
- Exhibit: April 1st – June 28th, 2023
- Take down: June 29th, 2023
Submission deadline: Friday, March 17th at midnight
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.