Art In Public Spaces at the Sagebrush Theatre
We are happy to annouce that AIPS – Sagebrush Theatre is back with another intake for Fall season 2022! 2D art pieces with various mediums will be showcased at the lobby of the Sagebrush Theatre between September to November.
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTION AND CRITERIA CAREFULLY.
Western Canada Theatre and the Kamloops Arts Council strive to be inclusive, welcoming organizations and we welcome submissions from all visual artists – and particularly from artists of a variety of intersecting identities, inclusive of those of diverse race, gender identity, cultural or religious background, language, geography, ability, or socio-economic status. We also invite all artists to reach out to us about any access needs preventing submission, including any membership fees. Please note that while all submitting visual artists are required to become a member of the Kamloops Arts Council.
We encourage all artists to submit works that either connect thematically to one or more of our seasonal productions in 2022/2023, or that speak to one or more of the following general themes:
- People gathering together
- A return to, or love of the performing arts
- A night out
- What ‘heart’ or ‘courage’ means to you
- Thinking / Loving local
Find details about WCT production at Western Canada Theatre | All Shows and Events 2022/23 Season – Western Canada Theatre (wctlive.ca)
All submitted works should be 2-dimensional in nature and must be able to be hung from a single point/hanger. Due to space limitations, we recommend that submitted works be between 8”-24” in width, of a variety of heights, and No more than 33 inches wide INCLUDING THE FRAME. We regret that 3-dimensional art is not able to be accepted for this installation due to space considerations.
- Artists must be current KAC members.
- All submitted works should be 2-dimensional in nature.
- All submitted works are created in connection with WCT 2022/2023 production or meet the suggested themes.
- Must have hanging wire with d-rings attached at the back of the piece. Make sure to place each of them the same distance from the top of the work (one quarter to one third of the way down from the top) and in from the edge. You can use a picture wire between the d- rings – pull it relatively tight.
- Due to space limitations, submitted works should be No more than 33 inches wide, of a variety of heights, including the frame. We regret that 3-dimensional art is not able to be accepted for this installation due to space considerations.
- Works that are for sale will be available for purchase through our KAC office or online in the Shop of the KAC website. (kamloopsarts.ca). Any sales will be split with 70% proceeds going to the artist and 30% commission to KAC.
- Artists will be required to volunteer for installation, strike (take down), or art intake, and will be notified upon selection.
Artists can submit one application/person with up to 5 pieces.
We thank all artists for their submissions in advance. Please note that all submitted pieces will be subject to jurying process and your submission does not guarantee acceptance to the exhibit.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
This form is currently closed for submissions.