ART IN THE PARK Vendor Application
Friday, July 1, 2022
Riverside Park in Kamloops – 10am to 5pm
VENDOR ENTRY INFORMATION & RULES 2022
GUIDELINES HAVE CHANGED. Please make sure you review the following information carefully.
Art in the Park is a premiere artist show and sale held outdoors annually on July 1st in beautiful Riverside Park, as part of the Canada Day Celebrations for the City of Kamloops, BC. An average of 30,000 visitors attend throughout the day-long festivities. Applications are juried and based on the originality, quality and craftsmanship of the product you intend to sell. Artists must be current members of the Kamloops Arts Council in order to participate on the day.
- Sunday, May 1st: Application Deadline
- Saturday, May 14th: Notification of acceptance
- Monday, May 30th: Full payment and membership must be received to reserve your space
After June 1st, 2022: NO REFUNDS
Submit your application form, photos of the type(s) of work you’ll be exhibiting, and the $15 non-refundable administration fee by May 1st. Registration fees are NOT due with your application form but only after May 14, upon acceptance into the event.
Registration fees for one booth will be $175.
The Selection Committee will review your application, and you will be notified of the outcome by May 14. If you are accepted into the event, pay your registration fee and ensure your Kamloops Arts Council membership is up to date ($30 per year) by May 30. Payments may be made by cheque, cash, online via PayPal or bank transfer (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person by Visa or Mastercard.
A standard booth space has room for a 10 x 10’ tent with a few feet on either side. If you like to spread out or wish to be sure that there is room for people to walk around both sides of your booth, you may request a second booth. This is not guaranteed and will depend on the number of applicants. POWER – If you require power, please add an extra $25 to your booth fee.
SHARING A SPACE WITH A CO-ARTIST
Two artists may choose to share a single space. The registration fee may be shared by the co-artists. However, the following guidelines must be met:
- Each artist must submit a separate Application, Photos and Administration Fee.
- Each artist must identify their co-artist on their application.
- Each artist must have an individual KAC membership.
- If both artists are accepted, the 10 x10 space rule still applies.
In the event that one of the co-artists is not selected for entry into Art in the Park, it is the responsibility of the artist selected to pay the registration fees in full by the deadline.
TIPS FOR TAKING PHOTOS OF YOUR WORK
Art in the Park has become very competitive and though the jurors do not require professional photos, it is to your advantage to provide decent, clear photos that show your work at its best.
- Keep it simple and remember the main object should be your artwork.
- Get the lighting right – try to take pics during the day in natural light.
- Keep the background clear – having a busy back-ground will take focus away from what you are capturing.
- Reflections – be careful what is reflected when you are taking your photos.
- Focus – blurred shots will get overlooked.
- Copy centres are able to scan photos and save to a flash drive or send by email.
If you have any issues or questions, please email email@example.com
Note: If you do not see any emails from the KAC in your inbox, please check your junk folder.
(If you are paying by e-transfer, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the password as Kamloops)
This form is currently closed for submissions.