This June, the Kamloops Arts Council could win $10,000, and YOU can help!
For each dollar donated to the Kamloops Arts Council online (https://www.canadahelps.org/gcgc/73708) from June 1 – June 30, we get a chance to win the Great Canadian Giving Challenge’s grand prize of $10,000. (If the KAC receives $500 in donations, our name is entered into the prize draw 500 times!)
What would the Kamloops Arts Council do if we won the Great Canadian Giving Challenge? We could:
- Rivertown Players: ensure our children’s summer theatre troupe can perform all the way to the end of August (our funding only covers part of the summer – help us with that last push to give local kids a free live theatre experience all summer long!).
- Artist Grants & Scholarships: give out more grants to local musicians, actors, visual artists, writers and arts organizations, and scholarships to students.
- Crossing Bridges Arts Outreach: provide even more arts workshops and art supplies to children, youth and adults in our community who need them most, building self-esteem, resilience and skills to last a lifetime.
- MORE Exhibition & Performance Opportunities: give local artists and performers more opportunities to showcase their work in visible venues around the community. (Here’s a secret – we’re working on something right now, but we need funding to make it happen.)
- Professional Development for Artists: offer more networking and skills-building for local artists of all kinds. Our April professional development panel, Making a Living in the Visual Arts, was extremely well attended! We’d love to continue offering these types of workshops for all local artists – from how to market yourself to developing your skills.
Please visit Canada Helps (https://www.canadahelps.org/gcgc/73708) to make a one-time donation to the Kamloops Arts Council. No matter the amount, you’ll get a charitable receipt and will have provided the KAC with a chance to win $10,000 during the Great Canadian Giving Challenge.
For more about the Great Giving Challenge, visit http://givingchallenge.ca
Thank you for your support! Kamloops Arts Council registered charitable # 89310-4174-RR0001