The KAC’s Children’s Arts Festival is a fun-filled creative day of artistic, musical & theatrical activities and performances for children. Thank you for your interest in sharing your time and artistic talents!
- WORKSHOP & THEME- We encourage you to plan your activities and booth décor around this fun fantasy theme – be inspired by the theme. And be sure to have fun with your own dress on the day! Some favorites include: masks, hats, jewellery, puppets, button making, wands, “stained glass”, origami, lanterns, dot art, pet rocks, printmaking, photo transfer, etc. There are lots of ideas on the internet and pinterest…be as creative as you like. If you cannot think of an activity and would like some suggestions, please ask Lorel for some ideas, 250-372-7323 or email@example.com.
- Please send us a photo of a finished sample of the kind of artwork you plan to do at your workshop to
firstname.lastname@example.org (Photo deadline is Sept 5). This will be used to avoid duplication and for promotion.
- Facilitate a Workshop at the Event: 10am to 4pm, Saturday, September 15, 2018
- Setup: you must arrive before 8:30am to set up your booth. Vehicles must be out of the park by 9am at latest.
- You must produce an arts-related activity or performance that fits the theme at your booth
from 10-4pm (unless you run out of supplies – no early packups!)
- The activity must be provided free of charge for the children of our community.
- This year again we’ll be “under the big top”, a 40 x 100’ tent. KAC will supply tables for facilitators. Your booth must be decorated to go with the theme and “festively.” (The KAC may be able to supply some materials)
- Payment: the agreed-upon amount for your services in your booth for Saturday is $150.00 ($75 each if shared).
Cheques may be picked up at the Old Courthouse after the event. A limited number of workshops geared to older children
will be selected for Friday from 3:30 – 5:30. Payment for this session will be: $60.
- Supplies: Purchased supplies will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $150.00. If you require more than that amount, please consult with Lorel for approval before spending. If you know of a business or individual who may want to sponsor your workshop or donate supplies, please let us know! We can issue charitable tax receipts and give them a shout out through our channels as a supporter of the event.
- Reimbursement: Keep your receipts and bring them in an envelope with your name and contact information so we can pay you back. No receipt – no reimbursement. Sales receipts must be originals from the retailer – handwritten receipts will NOT be accepted.
- A Criminal Record Check will be required: For Children’s Arts Festival, we do require a vulnerable
sector criminal record check as we’re working with kids. You will do a volunteer criminal record check as you are not an employee of the KAC and there is no payment required. You may do so online
here: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/home.htm . You need a special access code that identifies that you’re doing it for the Kamloops Arts Council, alternatively if there’s other organizations that you’ve done the online criminal record check you can give permission to share the results from that check to us.
Here is the access code: 36TG7A29X8Please fill out the following form by Friday, August 9.
Lorel Sternig, Coordinator Children’s Arts Festival 2018 (Kamloops Arts Council)