COVID-19 Hardship Fund
Applications for this hardship fund will close at 5pm on April 7, 2020
The Kamloops Arts Council is devoted to the development and enhancement of the
arts in the Kamloops area. We support all artists and art organizations and promote
cooperation among them, government and business. The Kamloops Arts Council
works to advocate the arts in all its forms, and to inform and provide support for arts
organizations and individual artists, including professional and emerging artists.
Every year the Kamloops Arts Council provides $4500 in Scholarships and Grants to artists to
assist them with their development in excelling in the arts. This year we have decided to do
things a bit differently. We are hearing a plea for help from those in need of financial
assistance now to help them get through this difficult time. Help might be coming from other
sources in the future, but we know they need help now just to get by. To purchase groceries,
medication, pay essential bills. So in these unprecedented times, we have made the decision
that we will be forgoing our grant program this year to instead provide immediate financial
assistance to artists most affected by COVID-19. Our Scholarship program will not be
impacted and will go ahead as normal.
Hardship application should include a detailed account of:
- Valid reasoning how COVID-19 has affected your ability as an artist to
earn income from your form of art
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Provide intended use of hardship funds
- Must be a current member of the Kamloops Arts Council
- The awarding of hardship funds and the amounts thereof will be at the sole discretion of the Grant Committee.
- Awarding of COVID-19 hardship funds is dependent on donations received between April 1-April 7, 2020 as matching contributions to KAC’s seed funding of $3250.
- In order to assist artists in need as soon as possible, we are dedicated to complete the adjudication of applications and deliver funds via post within one week of application closure.
- Kamloops Arts Council will provide a public report on the number of applications and the dollar amount of funds distributed for this COVID-19 hardship fund on their website. The KAC WILL NOT be announcing the names of applicants or recipients of this fund.
Applications must include the following to be eligible for consideration by the Grant Committee:
A completed application form, including:
- A clear description of how you have been impacted by COVID-19
- Description of what KAC grant funds would be used for.
All applicants must be current members of the Kamloops Arts Council