Children 12 and under are called to submit to the Kamloops Arts Council’s annual fundraiser, SMALL//works. With one section of the gallery completely covered with works by those aged 12 and under, we are calling it “Extra SMALL//works”. The show runs from December 1 to December 23. Deadline to submit is November 15, 2023.
<Guidelines & Rules> Please read thoroughly.
- All pieces must be for sale
- Artist receives 50% of the sale, the KAC keeps the other 50% as their fundraiser.
- Prices for children’s pieces is between $20 – $75
- Children can submit up to 2 pieces
- All pieces should be on canvas or framed if on paper with proper hanging requirements (emailed upon submission)
- We are asking for sizes of 10×10″ or 12×12″, but anything under 200″ sq. is acceptable
- 2D or 3D is accepted
- 12 and under fall into our “Extra Small Works” category. 13+ should do a regular application form, found at kamloopsarts.ca
- Upon drop-off, pieces need to have ID tags on the back. They can be downloaded here or filled out day-of (emailed upon submission)
To enter extra small works fill out the submission form below.
NOTE: ALL SUBMISSION INFORMATION IS FINAL; No change in price / title is accepted. Please take the time to make sure you are satisfied with prices, titles and all other information on the form before hitting the ‘submit’ tab. Please send only images of FINISHED artwork.
NOTE: Images of the artwork will be uploaded onto our website for sale in our shop and used for promotion on social media.
SUBMISSIONS Due: November 15 at midnight, 2023
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DETAILS, DATES & TIMES
INTAKE / ARTWORK DROP OFF: Wednesday, Nov. 22nd – Saturday, Nov. 25th, 10am – 4pm. This will be done by appointment – click HERE to book your time. To Volunteer, Please click HERE. Volunteers will help artists check in artwork making sure all intake criteria is met.
IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR ART DROP OFF – Artworks that do not meet the criteria WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1. Artwork drop-off by appointment 15 min per person. Please be on time.
2. All artwork must meet KAC hanging standards – D-ring with hanging wire securely attached to the back of the artwork.
3. All artwork must have an Artist ID tag in a zip-lock attached with a pin to the wire at the back.
4. ID tag must be fully filled out – volunteer/staff will add the assigned number to each piece submitted (find this on the intake spreadsheet)
5. Artist must initial the intake spreadsheet, checking spelling and information is accurate (No changes of price/title allowed – only corrections / spelling errors or obvious mistakes) CORRECTIONS – NOTE corrections on the spreadsheet then make a note on a post it – attach the post-it to the artwork place artwork in a separate location from the rest of the intake artwork – PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY AND BE SPECIFIC
INSTALLATION: Tue. Nov. 28th – Thur. Nov. 30th. Volunteers will be hanging artwork at the Old Courthouse in the KAC Galleries.
OPENING RECEPTIONS: TBD. Volunteers will be helping with set up, clean up as well as welcoming and counting visitors.
STRIKE / ARTWORK PICK UP: Dec. 23, 2023 between 1pm – 4pm, January 6 – 13, 2024 during the office hours (10am – 4pm).
Sign up HERE to volunteer.
Remember to check the tabs at the bottom of the sign up sheet for all options.
The following are for reference only. A word document for SMALL//works Artist ID Tags and SMALL//works Title Cards will be emailed to you upon submission.
This form is currently closed for submissions.