The Kamloops Arts Council invites applications for the following position:
Continuing full-time employment position
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, Dec. 14, 2018 @ 4pm
The Kamloops Arts Council (KAC) is a registered charitable non-profit organization that is devoted to the development and enhancement of the arts in the Kamloops area. The KAC supports all artists and art organizations, in all disciplines, and promotes cooperation among them, government and business. The KAC produces high-quality, year-round low- and no-cost arts programs, festivals and events that help to connect our local community and promote local talent. Celebrating 50 years in 2018, the KAC has recently engaged in a new strategic planning process and is now seeking a talented, dedicated, passionate professional to take the organization to the next level.
Nature and Scope of Position
The Executive Director (ED) of the KAC is responsible for establishing and executing the major goals and objectives for the organization. They shall implement policies established by the Board of Directors, provide leadership, direction and guidance to staff and will analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of all the organization’s activities.
A primary focus of the ED is fundraising. The ED is responsible for the acquisition of all funding required for the operation of the organization.
The ED represents the KAC with diverse and numerous community partners, other organizations, funders, sponsors and the general public. The ED is the primary spokesperson and face of the KAC for public relations, media and fundraising activities.
- Relevant Post-Secondary Degree or a combination of relevant education and work experience
- Two or more years in a supervisory role preferably within the non-profit sector
- A comprehensive understanding of non-profit management and the nature of non-profits themselves
- Proven track record of success with funding proposals and applications
- Ability and willingness to participate in meetings, conferences, KAC and other community events outside of regular working hours
- Ability to work some weekends and flexible hours to meet the needs of the KAC and its programs
- Ability and willingness to be resourceful and self-reliant, with proven ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to multi-task and to stay focused amid conflicting priorities
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of English; able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills; familiar with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Some bookkeeping experience preferred
- Clear police information check
- Driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
Please review the complete job posting here: JOB POSTING – Executive Director 2018.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter including salary expectations, resume and three references to email@example.com by 4pm on Friday, Dec. 14, 2018. Subject line should read “Application: Executive Director.” No phone calls and no walk-in inquiries please. We regret that only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Police information checks are conducted on all candidates who are being considered for employment with the Kamloops Arts Council.