Julia Appley-Mitra Youth Scholarship Fund
The Kamloops Arts Council is a community-based, non-profit society devoted to the development and enhancement of the arts in the city of Kamloops. The KAC’s Julia Appley-Mitra Youth Scholarship is intended to support local emerging artists. Ms. Mitra was a strong advocate for the inclusion of all artists in the growth of the arts community in Kamloops.
Two (2) scholarships of $500.00 each are awarded annually to individuals graduating from Grade 12 who are pursuing post-secondary studies in art & graphics, music, drama or dance. Your application must include:
1. Completed application form.
2. Letter of recommendation from the teacher named on this application.
3. A portfolio file or link to artistic accomplishments. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in June.
We thank you for applying, and encourage you to become a member of the Kamloops Arts Council to help build a stronger, more vibrant creative community.
Note: If you are a student pursuing post-secondary education in the visual arts and design fields, we urge you to also apply under this scholarship: https://kamloopsarts.ca/kristina-benson-art-scholarship-criteria/.
I am a graduating Grade 12 student who is going on to post-secondary studies in the following area(s):
Applicants must attach:
- Letter of recommendation
- A Portfolio (Fine arts and visual arts)
- A video or YouTube link of your work (Performing arts students)