Kamloops Arts Council members are invited to be a part of this year’s SMALL//works Show, a fabulous opportunity to show your work and support KAC! This exhibition is composed of small, one of a kind, original artworks by area artists available for sale for under $300. The goal is to fill the KAC gallery spaces and other high profile display areas with a ton of small affordable, original artwork, during the pre-Christmas season. Please bring us your fresh, smaller pieces to be part of this exciting show.
All proceeds from the sale go to the artists and to support the KAC (sales are shared 50% to the artist and 50% to KAC). Payment cheques for sold work will be issued within 30 days of the end of the exhibit.
The show opens at the Old Courthouse on Friday November 19th and continues until Wednesday December 22nd (pick up of unsold artwork will be January 11 -15, 2022). Any artwork not picked up by January 15th, 2022 will become the property of the Kamloops Arts Council). You will be required to volunteer to lend a hand in making this event possible. We will need extra help with art drop off, installation, the opening reception as well as greeting and counting visitors for the duration of the show.
You may submit up to 10 works of art for this intake each UNDER 200” sq. INCLUDING THE FRAME. We have space for both 2D and 3D artwork this year. Jewellery or extremely fragile items will be displayed under plexi display cases for security.
To enter small works fill out the submission form below.
PLEASE NOTE; ALL SUBMISSION INFORMATION IS FINAL. Please take the time to make sure you are satisfied with prices, titles and all other information on the form before hitting the ‘submit’ tab. We are unable to make changes after the forms have been processed. Please send only images of FINISHED artwork.
NOTE – images of the artwork will be uploaded onto our website for sale in our shop.
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED.
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DETAILS, DATES & TIMES –
INTAKE / ARTWORK DROP OFF – Friday November 5 and Saturday November 6. This will be done by appointment – click HERE to book your time. Please click HERE to volunteer. Volunteers will help artists check in artwork making sure all intake criteria is met.
IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR ART DROP OFF – Artworks that do not meet the criteria WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1. Artwork drop-off by appointment 15 min per person. Please be on time.
2. All artwork must meet KAC hanging standards – wire securely attached to the back of the artwork
3. All artwork must have an artist ID tag in a zip-lock attached with a pin to the wire at the back
4. ID tag must be fully filled out – volunteer/staff will add the assigned number to each piece submitted (find this on the intake spreadsheet)
5. Artist must initial the intake spreadsheet, checking spelling and information is accurate (no changes allowed – only corrections / spelling errors or obvious mistakes) CORRECTIONS – NOTE corrections on the spreadsheet then make a note on a post it – attach the post-it to the artwork place artwork in a separate location from the rest of the intake artwork – PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY AND BE SPECIFIC
INSTALLATION – November 15 – 18. Volunteers will be hanging artwork at the Old Courthouse in the KAC Galleries.
VIP and OPENING RECEPTIONS – November 18 and 19. Volunteers will be helping with set up, clean up as well as welcoming and counting visitors (to keep within the health guidelines, reminding visitors to sanitize upon entering).
HOST / HOSTESS (Gallery Sit) – Welcoming and counting visitors during the duration of the show.
STRIKE / ARTWORK PICK UP – January 11 – 15. Volunteers will be helping artists to find and sign out their artwork.
Sign up HERE to volunteer.
Remember to check the tabs at the bottom of the sign up sheet for all options.
The following are for reference only. A word document for SMALL//works Artist ID Tags and SMALL//works Title Cards will be emailed to you upon submission.
This form is currently closed for submissions.