Kamloops Arts Council members are invited to be a part of this year’s SMALL//works Fundraiser, a fabulous opportunity to show your work and support KAC! This exhibition is composed of small, one of a kind, Original artworks by area artists available for sale for under $300. The goal is to fill the KAC gallery spaces and other high profile display areas with a ton of small affordable, original artwork, during the pre-holiday season. Please bring us your fresh, smaller pieces to be part of this exciting show.
<Guidelines & Rules> Please read thoroughly.
- The Exhibit is open from Dec.1 – Dec.23, 2023 at the Old Courthouse.
- To participate in this exhibit, one must be a member of the Kamloops Arts Council.
- All proceeds from the sales go to the artists and to a charitable cause (sales are shared 50% to the artist and 50% to KAC. This year, KAC will donate the proceeds to a charity cause. The recepient TBA)
- Member artists may submit up to 10 works of original art (2D & 3D) and each piece must be UNDER 200 square inches, INCLUDING THE FRAME.
- All art pieces must be priced under $300 CAD.
- 2D art pieces must have D-rings and hanging wires attached at the back and ready to hang securely by volunteers.
- For any fragile items; we may ask artists to install them.
- Be aware we require an image of each piece submitted cropped with no background (unless it is a 3D item, in this case, please photograph with a plain black or white background).
- Participating artists are required to volunteer for the exhibit. Volunteer positions include such as art drop off, installation, the opening reception, greeting, counting visitors for the duration of the show, and wrapping art by donation.
- All artist are required to sign an artist agreement before the exhibit starts.
- Any unsold pieces can be picked up on December 23rd between 1 pm – 4 pm, and January 6 – January 13, 2024 during the office hours. Any artwork not picked up by Saturday, January 13th, 2024 will become the property of the Kamloops Arts Council.
To enter small works fill out the submission form below.
NOTE: ALL SUBMISSION INFORMATION IS FINAL; No change in price / title is accepted. Please take the time to make sure you are satisfied with prices, titles and all other information on the form before hitting the ‘submit’ tab. Please send only images of FINISHED artwork.
NOTE: Images of the artwork will be uploaded onto our website for sale in our shop and used for promotion on social media.
SUBMISSIONS Due: November 15 at midnight, 2023
If you have questions please contact [email protected]
DETAILS, DATES & TIMES
INTAKE / ARTWORK DROP OFF: Wednesday, Nov. 22nd – Saturday, Nov. 25th, 10am – 4pm. This will be done by appointment – click HERE to book your time. To Volunteer, Please click HERE. Volunteers will help artists check in artwork making sure all intake criteria is met.
IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR ART DROP OFF – Artworks that do not meet the criteria WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1. Artwork drop-off by appointment 15 min per person. Please be on time.
2. All artwork must meet KAC hanging standards – D-ring with hanging wire securely attached to the back of the artwork.
3. All artwork must have an Artist ID tag in a zip-lock attached with a pin to the wire at the back.
4. ID tag must be fully filled out – volunteer/staff will add the assigned number to each piece submitted (find this on the intake spreadsheet)
5. Artist must initial the intake spreadsheet, checking spelling and information is accurate (No changes of price/title allowed – only corrections / spelling errors or obvious mistakes) CORRECTIONS – NOTE corrections on the spreadsheet then make a note on a post it – attach the post-it to the artwork place artwork in a separate location from the rest of the intake artwork – PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY AND BE SPECIFIC
INSTALLATION: Tue. Nov. 28th – Thur. Nov. 30th. Volunteers will be hanging artwork at the Old Courthouse in the KAC Galleries.
OPENING RECEPTIONS: TBD. Volunteers will be helping with set up, clean up as well as welcoming and counting visitors.
STRIKE / ARTWORK PICK UP: Dec. 23, 2023 between 1pm – 4pm, January 6 – 13, 2024 during the office hours (10am – 4pm).
Sign up HERE to volunteer.
Remember to check the tabs at the bottom of the sign up sheet for all options.
The following are for reference only. A word document for SMALL//works Artist ID Tags and SMALL//works Title Cards will be emailed to you upon submission.
This form is currently closed for submissions.